Vergent Power Solutions, the exclusive distributor for Capstone Turbine in the Upper Midwest and New England, is seeking a dynamic and knowledgeable technical service professional to fill its Service Engineer position. This position will be based out of Vergent Power’s Boston-area office. This position has potential for growth into a Service Manager role in the future.
The Service Engineer Duties and Responsibilities Are:
- To help coordinate the service-related activities of Vergent Power for its end-user microturbine customers;
- To perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of microturbines, heat recovery equipment, gas compressors and control systems;
- To document all work in multiple computer formats as required by Vergent Power, OEM Capstone Turbine, the customer, and others;
- To maintain the needed spare parts inventory to keep Vergent Power’s customers running; and
- To be trained and certified by the Capstone Turbine factory in addition to several months of hands-on training in the field.
The Service Engineer’s Should Have the Following Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years field experience in power generation, electronics, control systems or other disciplines related to gas turbine energy equipment;
- Military and/or a technical degree or certificate(s) in electrical, mechanical or controls engineering;
- Specific experience with inverter-based power electronics, combined heat and power (CHP), and/or oil & gas production and transmission a plus;
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings;
- Proficiency with PLC programming and sufficient IT networking skills;
- Ability and enthusiasm to travel to remote locations on short notice;
- Desire and enthusiasm for learning new technologies;
- Interpersonal skills to deal with customers professionally and courteously;
- Desire to grow into a leadership role after demonstrating professional growth;
- Ability to perform daily duties without little direction once properly trained;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute a large number of complex tasks;
- Familiarity with hand tools and test equipment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail so that mistakes are not commonly made or repeated;
- A good driving history and be insurable; and
- A desire to be and integral part of a growing start-up business.
If you are a proven leader that wants to be part of a dynamic, fast-growing company in the exciting microturbine energy field – and your skills and experience are a good match for this position – please send your resume and short cover letter to email@example.com with “Service Engineer” in the subject line.
About Vergent Power Solutions:
Vergent Power Solutions (www.vergentpower.com) is the exclusive distributor for Capstone Turbine in the Upper Midwest and New England. We are microturbine experts. Microturbine energy is our passion. We work together with our customers and project partners to complete energy projects that exceed expectations. We take pride in providing American clean energy technology that delivers economic return, hardens infrastructure, and makes our world a better place. Vergent Power Solutions was formed in 2014 for the sole purpose of bringing Capstone microturbine products to market and providing best-in-class, long-term service to microturbine users in our territory.
About Capstone Turbine:
Capstone Turbine Corporation (www.capstoneturbine.com) (Nasdaq: CPST) is the world's leading producer of low-emission microturbine systems and was the first to market commercially viable microturbine energy products. Capstone Turbine has shipped approximately 8,000 Capstone MicroTurbine systems to customers worldwide. These award-winning systems have logged more than 60 million documented runtime operating hours. Capstone Turbine is a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Combined Heat and Power Partnership, which is committed to improving the efficiency of the nation's energy infrastructure and reducing emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases. A UL-Certified ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified company, Capstone is headquartered in the Los Angeles area with sales and/or service centers in the New York Metro Area, United Kingdom, Mexico City, Shanghai and Singapore.