Vergent Power is Hiring Again | Applications & Field Service Engineer
Vergent Power Solutions, an international energy developer and the exclusive distributor for Capstone Turbine in the Upper Midwest, New England and Eastern Canada, is seeking a dynamic and knowledgeable technical service professional to fill its Applications and Field Service position. This position will be based out of Vergent Power’s Boston-area office. This position has potential for growth into an Applications and Service Manager role in the future.
The A+FSE’s Duties and Responsibilities Are:
• To perform, hands on in the field, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of microturbines, heat recovery equipment, gas compressors;
• To work with the Vergent Power applications team and its customers to design best-in-class energy plants that are both reliable and innovative;
• To document all work in multiple computer formats as required by Vergent Power, OEM Capstone Turbine, the customer, and others;
• To complete paperwork to ensure spare parts inventory to keep Vergent Power’s customers running; and
• To be able to communicate clearly with management and customers on scheduling, diagnostic results and repairs;
• To be trained and certified by the Capstone Turbine factory in addition to several months of hands-on training in the field.
The A+FSE Should Have the Following Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 3-5 years field and/or academic experience in power generation, electronics, control systems or other disciplines related to gas turbines;
• Military and/or a technical degree or certificate(s) in electrical, mechanical or controls engineering;
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings;
• Ability and enthusiasm to travel to remote locations on short notice;
• Desire and enthusiasm for learning new technologies;
• Interpersonal skills to deal with customers professionally and courteously;
• Desire to grow into a leadership role after demonstrating professional growth;
• Ability to perform daily duties with little direction once properly trained;
• Ability to organize, prioritize and execute many complex tasks;
• Proficient with hand tools and electrical test equipment such as a Fluke;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Attention to detail so that mistakes are not commonly made or repeated;
• A good driving history and be insurable; and
• A desire to be an integral part of a growing start-up business
If you are a proven leader that wants to be part of a dynamic, fast-growing company in the exciting microturbine energy field – and your skills and experience are a good match for this position – please send your resume and short cover letter to email@example.com with “Applications and Field Service Engineer” in the subject line.
About Vergent Power Solutions:
Vergent Power Solutions (www.vergentpower.com) is an international energy development company and the exclusive distributor for Capstone Turbine in the Upper Midwest and New England. We are energy experts. Microturbine energy is our passion. We work together with our customers and project partners to complete energy projects that exceed expectations. We take pride in providing American clean energy technology that delivers economic return, hardens infrastructure, and makes our world a better place. Vergent Power Solutions was formed in 2014 for the sole purpose of bringing Capstone microturbine products to market and providing best-in-class, long-term service to microturbine users in our territory.
Vergent Power Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without giving regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
About Capstone Turbine:
Capstone Turbine Corporation (www.capstoneturbine.com) (NASDAQ:CPST) is the world's leading producer of low-emission microturbine systems and was the first to market commercially viable microturbine energy products. Capstone has shipped over 9,000 Capstone Microturbine systems to customers worldwide. These award-winning systems have logged millions of documented runtime operating hours. Capstone is a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Combined Heat and Power Partnership, which is committed to improving the efficiency of the nation's energy infrastructure and reducing emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases. A UL-Certified ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certified company, Capstone is headquartered in the Los Angeles area with sales and/or service centers in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia.