Field Service Engineer - New England
Vergent Power Solutions, an international energy project developer and the exclusive distributor for Capstone Green Energy (NASDAQ: CGRN) in the Midwest, New England and Eastern Canada, is seeking a dynamic and knowledgeable technical service professional to fill its Field Service Engineer position. This position will be based out of the Vergent Power’s Boston-area office. This position has potential for growth into an Applications Engineer or Service Manager role in the future.
The FSE’s Duties and Responsibilities Are:
- To perform, hands on in the field, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of microturbines, heat recovery equipment, gas compressors and controllers;
- To document all work in multiple computer formats as required by Vergent Power, OEM Capstone Green Energy, the customer, and others including PDF, Microsoft Office, AutoCad and PLC programming software;
- To complete detailed paperwork in a timely manner to manage spare parts inventory to keep Vergent Power’s customers running;
- To be able to communicate clearly with management and customers on scheduling, diagnostic results and repairs;
- To be trained and certified by the Capstone Green Energy factory in addition to several months of hands-on training in the field.
The FSE Should Have the Following Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years field and/or academic experience in power generation, electronics, control systems or other disciplines related to gas turbines;
- Military and/or a technical degree or certificate(s) in electrical, mechanical or controls engineering;
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings;
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies including gas microturbines, battery and energy storage and renewable energy;
- Interpersonal skills to deal with customers professionally and courteously;
- Ability to perform daily duties with little direction once properly trained;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute many complex tasks;
- Proficient with hand tools and electrical test equipment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail so that mistakes are not commonly made or repeated;
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently throughout New England and occasionally to the Midwest and Canada;
- A good driving history and be insurable; and
- A desire to be an integral part of a growing entrepreneurial business
If you are a proven leader that wants to be part of a dynamic, fast-growing company in the exciting clean energy field – and your skills and experience are a good match for this position – please send your resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Field Service Engineer” in the subject line.
Vergent Power offers competitive salary along with full medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a retirement savings plan.
About Vergent Power Solutions:
Vergent Power Solutions (www.vergentpower.com) is an international energy development company and the exclusive distributor for Capstone Green Energy in the Midwest, New England and Eastern Canada. We are energy experts. Microturbine energy is our passion. We work together with our customers and project partners to complete energy projects that exceed expectations. We take pride in providing American clean energy technology that delivers economic return, hardens infrastructure, and makes our world a better place. Vergent Power Solutions was formed in 2014 for the sole purpose of bringing Capstone microturbine products to market and providing best-in-class, long-term service to microturbine users in our territory.
About Capstone Green Energy:
Capstone Green Energy (www.CapstoneGreenEnergy.com) (NASDAQ:CGRN) is a leading provider of customized microgrid solutions and on-site energy technology systems focused on helping customers around the globe meet their environmental, energy savings, and resiliency goals. Capstone Green Energy focuses on four key business lines. Through its Energy as a Service (EaaS) business, it offers rental solutions utilizing its microturbine energy systems and battery storage systems, comprehensive Factory Protection Plan (FPP) service contracts that guarantee life-cycle costs, as well as aftermarket parts. Energy Generation Technologies (EGT) are driven by the Company's industry-leading, highly efficient, low-emission, resilient microturbine energy systems offering scalable solutions in addition to a broad range of customer-tailored solutions, including hybrid energy systems and larger frame industrial turbines. The Energy Storage Solutions (ESS) business line designs and installs microgrid storage systems creating customized solutions using a combination of battery technologies and monitoring software. Through Hydrogen & Sustainable Products (H2S), Capstone Green Energy offers customers a variety of hydrogen products, including the Company's microturbine energy systems.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.