Sales Executive - Canada
Vergent Power Solutions, an international clean energy project developer and the exclusive distributor for Capstone Green Energy Corporation in the Midwest, New England and Eastern Canada, is seeking a dynamic and seasoned energy sales professional to fill its Canada Sales Executive position. This position will be based out of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
The Sales Executive duties and responsibilities are:
- Identify key prospects, complete needs assessments, generate and qualify leads, organize proposals and scopes of work, negotiate pricing and other terms and conditions and finalize contracts.
- Develop long-term relationships with end users across a multitude of markets.
- Market / sell Capstone clean energy microturbine products, services & solutions.
- Develop sales plans to meet / exceed quotas established by management.
- Manage all customer communication and sales opportunities using CRM.
- Participate in promotional events where prospective customers meet – conferences, trade shows, industry association meetings, etc.
- Deliver high energy, creative, graphical, and professional presentations within any of these settings.
- Assist in the development of sales tools and templates needed to aid sales efforts (e.g. proposal documents, brochures, social media posts, etc.).
- Engage in social media promotion of the company and of its products and services, and craft new social media strategies.
- Work closely with Vergent’s engineering team to design clean energy solutions that provide economic and environmental value to customers.
- Collaborate with the Company’s outside engineering, construction and financing partners to offer turnkey energy solutions.
- Travel frequently throughout Ontario and occasionally to the USA to meet with customers and partners.
The Sales Executive should have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated energy sales and marketing success.
- Be a strategic, high-energy professional with a proven track record of sales closings at or above quota.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively both orally and in written form.
- Evidence of outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Experience with financial modeling of energy project cost benefit analyses, including knowledge of Canadian electricity rate design.
- Progressive sales experience (5+ years minimum) in selling various types of complex, long sales cycle, high-value, capital equipment or engineering services.
- Knowledge of and experience with power generation technologies including gas turbines, combined heat and power, renewable energy, battery storage, or similar.
- Knowledge of and experience with the distributed power generation industry, including experience selling to commercial, industrial and municipal end users.
- Experience selling to the indoor farming, healthcare, education, hospitality, multiunit residential, food and beverage, and light industrial markets is a plus.
- Presentation skills suitable for technical audience and for C-level executives.
- Desire to be an integral part of a growing company intent on energy industry disruption.
If you are a proven sales professional that wants to be part of a dynamic, fast-growing company in the exciting clean energy field – and your skills and experience are a good match for this position – please send your resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Executive- Canada” in the subject line.
Vergent Power offers competitive salary and sales commissions along with full medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as a retirement savings plan.
About Vergent Power Solutions:
Vergent Power Solutions (www.vergentpower.com) is an international energy development company and the exclusive distributor for Capstone Green Energy in the Midwest, New England and Eastern Canada. We are energy experts. Clean energy is our passion. We work together with our customers and project partners to complete energy projects that exceed expectations. We take pride in providing innovative clean energy technology that delivers economic return, hardens infrastructure, and makes our world a better place. Vergent Power Solutions was formed in 2014 for the sole purpose of bringing Capstone microturbine energy systems to market and providing best-in-class, long-term service to microturbine users in our territory. We now also offer heat recovery equipment, customized control solutions, renewable energy and battery storage systems, and renewable fuel sourcing.
About Capstone Green Energy:
Capstone Green Energy (www.CapstoneGreenEnergy.com) (NASDAQ:CGRN) is a leading provider of customized microgrid solutions and on-site energy technology systems focused on helping customers around the globe meet their environmental, energy savings, and resiliency goals. Capstone Green Energy focuses on four key business lines. Through its Energy as a Service (EaaS) business, it offers rental solutions utilizing its microturbine energy systems and battery storage systems, comprehensive Factory Protection Plan (FPP) service contracts that guarantee life-cycle costs, as well as aftermarket parts. Energy Generation Technologies (EGT) are driven by the Company's industry-leading, highly efficient, low-emission, resilient microturbine energy systems offering scalable solutions in addition to a broad range of customer-tailored solutions, including hybrid energy systems and larger frame industrial turbines. The Energy Storage Solutions (ESS) business line designs and installs microgrid storage systems creating customized solutions using a combination of battery technologies and monitoring software. Through Hydrogen & Sustainable Products (H2S), Capstone Green Energy offers customers a variety of hydrogen products, including the Company's microturbine energy systems.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.